Narasimha Parvatha often called as Agumbe is known to be the land of snakes and is one of the most famous Western Ghats treks in Karnataka. It is also called heaven for the wildlife photographers who are interested in snakes photography. Here are the more trekking details to Narasimha Parvatha or Agumbe Ghar trek. This blog is only about the Narasimha Parvatha/ Agumbe peak trek from Kigga or Sringeri side.
Narasimha Parvatha Trekking Details:
There are two trekking routes to the Narasimha Parvatha.
1. Malandur to the Narasimha Parvatha Peak from Agumbe side; 13 Kms; difficult; 8-9 hours
2. Kigga to Narasimha Parvatha Peak from Sringeri side; 5 Kms; Medium; 4-5 hours
3. Distance from Bangalore: 360 Km
How to Reach Agumbe from Bangalore?
Bangalore (by bus; 9 hours)- Sringeri (By local bus; 1/2 hour)- Kigga (Trek begins) …
Camping site: Old house nearer to the Peak
Best time to Trek: Sept- Feb
Permission: Yes, needed nearer to the peak from forest department (Better ask at Kigga forest office)
Water source: Not on the way; only closer to the peak
Agumbe Trek details:
Kigga to forest starting point: 1 Km (25 mins)
Inside the forest: 2kms (2.5 hours)
Forest to the top on the grassy plain: 3 km (3 hours)
Narasimha Parvatha GPS Trail
Agumbe Ghat Trek Contact Details:
Forest Guard, Ramchandrappa: 08181277638, 08181233042
Mr. Krishnappa (Guide): 08181292021
Mr. Thimmappa (Guide): 08181233213/ 08181-292253/233219
Timmappa :mobile : +91 9483496142
Puttappa (Govt guesthouse Manager):9449244049
Agumbe Trek Plan:
Start from Bangalore. Reach Sringeri. Reach Kigga. Ask forest department either before coming to Kigga or ask right there. Take permission. Start the Trek. No water points midways. Camp at the peak. Return next day. Catch bus to Bangalore in the evening.
What to carry on Narasimha Parvatha trek?
– A light and strong backpack.
– Extra pair of clothing packed in garbage bags to make it rain proof.
– Tents, Sleeping bag and sleeping mat (optional) (personal)
– Toilet paper, mouth wash, hand wash
– Water bottles (at least 2 liters each), energy drinks ex glucose/ energy bar/electrolyte
– Windcheater & warm inner
– Personal camera, Torch, Mobile & sufficient battery back up
– ID card, sufficient cash and emergency contact info (personal)
– Iodex spray, cramp bandage & personal medication
– petrol (for making fire) and matchbox/ lighter (shared)
– lightweight utensils, disposable cups & plates. eatables to cook up there
– slippers to roam around at top (personal), salt/ snuff powder to avoid leeches
Other treks that you might also be interested in
- – Bandipur Wildlife Safari
– Kumara Parvatha Trek: the Toughest Trek of Karnataka
– Kodachadri Trek
– Mullayanagiri Trek: The Highest Peak of Karnataka
– Tadiandmol Trek, The Highest Peak of Coorg
– Brahmagiri Trek, Wayanad
– Kemmengundi, Chikmagalur
– Narasimha Parvatha trek/ Agumbe Ghats Trek
– Ombattu Gudda/ OG Trek
– Chembra Peak/ Heart shaped Lake trek
– Sakleshpur Railway trek: The Green route trek
– Dudhsagar Falls trek, Goa
– Bandaje Arabi falls Trek
– Nishani Betta trek
– Nagalapuram western Entry trek: Along the waterfalls