When we landed in Krabi and decided to take a walk around the market. We went somewhere nearer to the Maharaja street. I was astonished to see the food market. Food market is a place where tens of sellers sell fresh thai food on their small stalls. It looks more like a Sabji Mandi of India or old town square of Europe but with a lot of varieties of food.
Another thing about this food market is that they are really inexpensive and also portion is enough. For example, a chicken steak costed around 10 Baht. Or a red snapper fish deep fried costed us 50 Baht. If you look for the same stuff in a good restaurants, I am sure these will cost around three to four times.
Besides the cost, another thing I liked is the variety of food with local touch. You can also say they are local dishes which you harldy get even in the famous restaurants. For example, some sweets made up of coconut, varieties of fried chicken stuff. But you also need to be careful with the food poisoning. Because on first two days of my Thailand visit, I had very acute stomach ache. However, I think now I am adjusted to the Thai food.
What street foods you can try to eat in Thailand?
- Soup- There are many varieties of soup coming in different flavours like chicken, beef, pork, veg etc.
- Pancake- Enjoy any kind of pancake with honey and coconut
- Coconut curry- Enjoy varieties of coconut curry with rice
- Sweets- sweets are mainly made up of coconut and palm
- Fried noodles with chicken, veg or meat