Mother’s Wax Museum also known MWM, Kolkata is situated near the new town in Kolkata. It is said that the new Town is the dream project of Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee. There is a lot of constructions going around this are.
Owing to a lot of construction works going on, a lot is also being done towards the people welfare such as new parks and entertainment places are being set up in this area. You should also consider visiting Ramoji film city for a lifelike experience of props and movie scenes.
About Mother’s Wax Museum, Kolkata:
MWM is situated just opposite to the New Town Eco Park at the sixth floor. Here are more details about it.
Mother’s Wax Museum Timings:
Everyday: 12:00 PM to 19:30 PM (Monday Closed)
Mother’s Wax Museum Entry Fee:
Rs.250 Per Person(No ticket for children below 3 years)
- Touching the wax figures are not allowed. There will be guards at every corner. Also, it makes more sense not to touch the statues. A fine of 500 may also be imposed.
- Carrying inflammable objects such as lighter or matchbox is not allowed inside the museum. Also, food and water items are not allowed inside the museum
- Though photography is allowed videography is not allowed.
- There is a special tattoo light show in one of the rooms. They say that we have to pay 50 rupees for the tattoo show photography but we did not pay.
Different sections of the Museum
The Museum is spread over two floors and is divided into different sections. Some of the sections that I remember was:
- Literature (Tagore, Sarat Chandra)
- Sports (Virat Kohli, Messi, Maradona, Sachin Tendulkar, Kapildev, Sourav Ganguly)
- Bollywood (Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan, Amitabh Bachchan)
- Music (Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar, Pandit Ravi Shankar)
- Hollywood actors (Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Bruce Willes, Daniel Craig, Bruce Lee)
- Hollywood Actresses (Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, Audrey Hepburn)
- Bengali Cinema (Mithun Da, Satyajit Ray, Uttam Kumar, Kishore Kumar, Munna Dey, Hemanta Mukherjee, Suchitra Sen)
- International figures (Michael Jackson, Albert Einstein)
- Famous figures from Bengal (Raja RamMohan Roy, Vidyasagar, Mother Teresa)
- Famous Hollywood Characters (Harry Potter, Mr Bean, Avatar, ET, Ironman, Spiderman)
- Hindi Comic Characters (Motu Patlu, Chhota Bheem)
- Scientists (Einstein, S.N. Bose, J.C. Bose)
- National Leaders (Neta jee, APJ Kalam, Pranab Mukherjee, BR Ambedkar, Mahatma Gandhi, Sheikh Mujib ur Rahman, Kazi Nazrul Islam)
- Spirituality (Vivekananda, RK Paramhansa, Sharda Devi, Sri Aurobindo)