If you want to book treks around Bangalore or even in around Karnataka, Andhra, Kerala and, even in Tamilnadu. Here is a list of trek organizers around Bangalore and South India from you. These trekking companies organize trekking tours and trips in most of the south Indian states mostly on weekends. Some of the website links might not work which I take guarantee of not.
Recommendations before you book a trek
- Many companies exist only on the Facebook page or as a meetup group. I have tried to avoid those clubs, companies or groups because they do not look authentic. Sometimes, they are run a group of two to three persons. I would suggest avoiding such companies, trekking clubs or trek groups.
- Some of the website URLs are from events listing websites such as events high or Mera events. So, you can find a variety of treks of your choice from such a single website instead of hopping from one to another.
- Besides, you can also get some discounts on these websites.
- If you are planning to travel in a group, contact or call on the company number directly and ask for a group discount. I am sure, if not on one, then you will get some discount on others due to high competition.
- If you are a single girl and are skeptical with a lot of doubts, do ask about the trek, the number of girls already booked, accommodation, washroom facilities etc.
- Look for the inclusions and exclusions before deciding by the pricing. Some companies do not offer the last day meal while returning. Some do charge extra Jeep charges or guide fee on the spot when you reach there. You will have no choice but shelling out the money.
- Look at their past events, pictures, Facebook page engagement etc just to get some social clues.
- Some companies also offer combos such as trekking with kayaking. Do look out for those as well.
- I have earned some last minute booking at a much cheaper rate. If you want to try that, do that on Friday evening. If there is a space, they might want to accommodate you as well for a cheaper price.
By the way, that’s me in Canadian Winter. Today, it snowed a lot and I thought why not put a picture. Anyways, have a successful trek booked.
If I have missed some companies or trek organizers do leave their names in the comment below.