Worried about changing fashion and want to experiment on looks. yes, there is a place for you where everything is pocket-friendly, fashionable and full of amazing stuff, this place is nothing else but Janpath Market in the vicinity of Connaught Place, New Delhi.
This place is not new but it is a historical market which was an important part of the inauguration ceremony of the new capital of India, New Delhi from Kolkata. This is the reason that it attracts many foreign tourists, street shoppers, and shopaholics. When you enter the market you will see many kiosks selling a wide range of products. You might find this place small and crowded but the goods sold here are sometimes worth buying. You might not find those items in Malls and Multi-chain stores.
Street shopping, Janpath Market, New Delhi:
- If you are looking for the complete attire this place will never upset you. There are a variety of tees, tops, kurtas which are available in wide range of colors, stuff, sizes and if you are going in summer you will find different varieties in styles also like a crop top, Afghani etc.
- There are also a wide variety of dresses and tunics to buy for parties and occasion all available in vogue.
- There are many beautiful especially ethnic bags which are artistically hand-made are worth purchasing even shoes, bellies, Punjabi Juttis, belts, caps, shades, scarves are also worth to give a shot.
- You will find many decorating items for you like show-piece, wall hangings etc.
- One should also try nightwear PJ’s in different patterns of your favorite cartoon character I found sponge bob and minions very cool and childlike.
- Yes last but not the least you will find some adorable and eye catching accessories like neck piece, earrings, bangles etc.
- Even if you are looking to buy some good and cheap books you will find many shops or people selling at the footpath where you can get every type of book fiction, non-fiction, magazines etc.
Tips for street shopping in new Delhi, India:
- This place is best for people who can bargain easily and who love to shop within their budget because here bargaining has no limit. So if you have decided to go to this place then buy every item in half of the original price told by the vendor.
- But there are things to worry about first you have to compromise with the quality of the clothes and they are not guaranteed as well and you have to check items before you buy them because there is a possibility that it may have a hole or torn but don’t worry it does not happen all the time but being little alert will make your shopping smooth.
Janpath does not end here when you take a exit from this lane then there are various showrooms like Punjab 1469 offering every item relating to sikh culture and the best part is they have lots of tees printed in funny Punjabi quotes and even there is a shop offering Punjabi juttis, kashmiri, shawls etc.
Janpath is amazing especially for college students I find shots there very cool and tops are also good to add variety in your wardrobe. So try once if you like it then you can go again and again.
Eating at Janpath:
After all this you will definitely feel hungry then you can find many eating joints easily like the famous Dpauls coffee which offers the tempting cold-coffee and some appetizers pizza hut, mc’d etc.
How to reach Janpath?
So, to reach here you have to catch the yellow line metro and take exist from Rajiv Chowk metro station from gate no 5,6 then there will be a straight road to reach there but in case you could not manage to find the way then you can take a auto rickshaw & he will easily take you there.
Janpath Market timings:
Monday-Saturday, from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Sometimes it remains open on Sunday so don’t take any chances.