A thought of walking into the woods always excited me and especially, if it’s Germany and amidst the Bavarian forest. So, I was there at Sam’s house near Haroldsberg, Nuremberg in south Germany. We spent some time over there.
One day, I asked him to take me to a nearby hiking place so that I can see what hiking in Germany looked like and how was that different to hiking in India.
So, I looked out for some hiking places around Nuremberg and I found one. We drove to that place. And here is how Hiking is different in Germany than India.
Hiking in Germany vs Hiking in India:
Here are some of the hiking differences that I noticed while hiking in Germany:
- Hiking in Germany is more organized than hiking in India.
- You get to see the sign boards everywhere and even at the bifurcations so there are chances of getting lost is very minimal.
- Hiking has a defined area where you can hike. Out of that area, you cannot hike. And hikers respect that demarcation.
- While on the other hand, there have been a lot of trekking incidents in south India where a lot of mishaps have happened.
- On the top, you will see benches to sit and enjoy the view.
- Other hikers greet you and locals do not disturb you unless and until you do not disturb them.
- You can drive literally much closer to the hiking spot peak.
- There will be a parking place as well.
- Also, there will shops on the top and even the guest houses as well.