McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Vancouver Airport often called as McArthurGlen Vancouver is situated on the Vancouver airport island, also known as sea island, on the bank of river Fraser. I came to know about this place from my roommates in Burnaby one weekend.
They described this place as one of the cheapest places in Vancouver to buy branded apparels for men, kids, or women. I had not imaged that McArthurGlen Vancouver would such be a cool place. We reached there by Skytrain by getting down at the Templeton metro station. The outlet is just a walking distance from the metro station.
However, if you are going by your own car, make sure you reach there early. I have seen people complaining about the parking at McArthurGlen. But, before I describe my further experience, let me tell you more about McArthurGlen first.
McArthurGlen Group is a public company, which develops and manages designer outlet malls. This company is famous for opening outlet stores at prime and famous locations throughout the western world. Most of the outlets operated by this group existed mostly in Europe and the UK. The Vancouver outlet store is the first outlet store opened by this company in North America.
Coming back to McArthurGlen Vancouver – once you start walking from the Templeton station, you see the outlets first with a very big parking spot in between. The architecture will mesmerize you at the first sight. It currently has over 60 retailers over 240,000 square feet. The future plans are that this area will expand more to accommodate more outlets.
- One of the best outdoor shopping area with outdoor views
- You can see airplanes flying really low but might be scary to kids
- Good coffee and Mexican tacos
- Well maintained washrooms
- Children’s playground, fountain, ample space to sit and relax
- Good vibe and fun to go
- Open with room to walk. Easy for strollers and wheelchairs
- Not much food options
- People often complain of low-quality items
- Some people have sighted better online deals than this place but I think, at least, it worths a visit
- Other complaints have been that the products are from the older season but very reasonably priced for the designer goods.
- lack of access to drinking water
- lack of renowned brands
- No cover for rain