Narasimha Parvatha Trekking Details:
There are two trekking routes to the Narsimha Parvatha.
1. Malandur to the Narsimha Parvatha Peak from Agumbe side; 13 Kms; difficult; 8-9 hours
2. Kigga to Narsimha Parvatha Peak from Sringeri side; 5 Kms; Medium; 4-5 hours
Distance from Bangalore: 360 Kms
This blog is only about the Narsimha Parvatha/ Agumbe peak trek from Kigga or Sringeri side.
How to Reach?
Bangalore (by bus; 9 hours)- Sringeri (By local bus; 1/2 hour)- Kigga (Trek begins) …
Camping site: Old house nearer to the Peak
Best time to Trek: Sept- Feb
Permission: Yes, needed nearer to the peak from forest department (Better ask at Kigga forest office)
Water source: Not on the way; only closer to the peak
Agumbe Trek details:
Kigga to forest starting point: 1 Km (25 mins)
Inside the forest: 2kms (2.5 hours)
Forest to the top on grassy plain: 3 kms (3 hours)
Narasimha Parvatha GPS Trail
Forest Guard, Ramchandrappa: 08181277638, 08181233042
Mr. Krishnappa (Guide): 08181292021
Mr. Thimmappa (Guide): 08181233213/ 08181-292253/233219
Timmappa :mobile : +91 9483496142
Puttappa (Govt guesthouse Manager):9449244049
Agumbe Trek Plan:
Start from Bangalore. Reach Sringeri. Reach Kigga. Ask forest department either before coming to Kigga or ask right there. Take permission. Start Trek. No water points midways. Camp at the peak. Return next day. Catch bus to Bangalore in the evening.
What to carry on Narasimha parvatha trek?
– A light and strong backpack.
– Extra pair of clothing packed in garbage bags to make it rain proof.
– Tents, Sleeping bag and sleeping mat (optional) (personal)
– Toilet paper, mouth wash, hand wash
– Water bottles (at least 2 liters each), energy drinks ex glucose/ energy bar/electrolyte
– Wind- cheater & warm inner
– Personal camera, Torch, Mobile & sufficient battery back up
– ID card, sufficient cash and emergency contact info (personal)
– Iodex spray, cramp bandage & personal medication
– petrol (for making fire) and match box/ lighter (shared)
– light weight utensils, disposable cups & plates. eatables to cook up there
– slippers to roam around at top (personal), salt/ snuff powder to avoid leeches