Tadiandamol, the highest peak of Coorg situated at 5735 feet, is a trekking spot 275 Kms from Bangalore. Tadiandmol trekking details can be found in details below:
How to Reach Tadiandamol trek?
Before I write anything else, here is the reference map for the Tadiandamol trek. It will help you in knowing about the trek in a better way.
Vehicle Parking & other information:
- Nalknad Palace: Parking point for the bigger vehicles like bus, Minibus or tempo traveler
- Viewpoint: 1.9 Kms from the Nalknad Palace. There is a motorable road until there. The last point where you park vehicle; buy snacks and water bottle. They also offer tea and other snacks.
- Forest Entry Point: The point from where the real trek starts. It’s 2.2 Km from the Nalknad Palace. It is a place where you will have to take the permission. Forest entry charges for Tadiandamol trek is Rs. 20 per head.
Driving to Tadiandamol from Bangalore (Road condition)
Bangalore to Hunsur: 180 Kms (Two-way road)
Hunsur to Virajpet: 65 Km (Double road, single lane)
Virajpet to Tadiandamol: 30 Km (Almost single Ghat roads)
Search on Google maps for “Nalknad Palace, Nalknad Palace Road, Yevakapadi, Karnataka 571214“. You will see a driving route until there. You can drive your vehicle until there. Park you vehicle over there and from there onwards, start trekking on the same route for Tadiandmol trek. As such, there is no parking fee and vehicles are also safe there.
Tadiandamol Trekking information:
Tadiandmol is a moderate level trek with Trek distance of almost 6 Km one side. That means this trek can be easily covered in a single day if trekking is started early morning. Time to trek to the peak takes around 4 hours on the average. Most of the trail is wide and there is no chance to get lost. The trek is an easy one. More trekking information on Tadiandmol trek is given in the picture below:
Tadiandamol Hiking route information:
Nalknad Palace to viewpoint: 1.9 Kms
- Motorable road
- steep if you came on a bus and had to park at Nalknad Palace
- 45 Mins of walking
Viewpoint to Forest Entry point: 300 Meters
- Viewpoint is the last place where you can buy snacks, water bottles and tea.
- Forest entry charges are 20 rupees/ head
- 5 mins of walking
Forest Entry point to camping site: 2.1 Km
- Wide trail
- Easy walk
- Not much ascent or steepness
- 30 mins of trekking
Camping site to the peak: 1.5 Km
- Steep trail
- Windy trail with a lot of viewpoints
- 45 mins of trekking
Tadiandmol camping information:
It is not advisable to camp at the peak, as the peak really gets windy and also there is no water source at the top. As depicted in the picture above, pitch your tent near the big rock. A big rock comes almost half an hour before the Tadiandmol peak. There is also a water source over there. The rock provides shelter from the speedy winds and a little bit of rain also.
Other points to be taken care of while Camping:
– Be aware of elephants
– It might be very windy and rainy at the peak in monsoon
– There is no need of guide as the trail is self-evident
– Please go along with someone who has already been there